Dorwest Scullocap & Valerian
Naturally reduce your pet’s stress or anxiety with no drowsiness
We know it can be stressful to experience and manage your pet`s anxiety but we`re here to help, every step of the way. Our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets help to naturally relax your pet, with the active herbs naturally supporting the calming pathways within the nervous system, reducing anxiety without immobilising muscles or causing drowsiness. They don’t make pets dopey or wobbly – in fact they are widely used for agility and show dogs when they need to be alert and focussed, but calm. One of our best-sellers, Scullcap & Valerian Tablets help tackle stress, fear and anxiety, whatever the cause, so you and your pet can relax, no matter what.
How do these tablets work?
The specially selected ingredients in our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets work together to help tackle stress, fear and anxiety in your pet:
- Valerian - helps to support the natural relaxant pathways within the nervous system, without affecting muscles.
- Scullcap - contains a number of valuable compounds including those which bind to the GABA receptor and reduce anxiety.
- Mistletoe - helps to support the natural calming pathways within the nervous system and helps circulation.
- Gentian - supports the other natural active compounds and helps maintain normal liver function.
What situations are Scullcap & Valerian Tablets good for?
Our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets help to support the natural calming pathways within the nervous system, making them useful in a variety of challenging situations:
- Noise phobias (fireworks/thunderstorms)
- New home/rescue
- Separation anxiety
- Habitual anxiety
- Canine cognitive dysfunction and associated confusion/disorientation
- Training/performance support
- False pregnancy - dog can become anxious and unsettled
- Hyperactive dogs
- Territorial urine spraying in cats
- Skin sensitivity in nervous dogs
- Conditions that are exacerbated by a heightened state of anxiety or nervous excitability
There are no quick fixes when it comes to successfully helping your dog to manage their anxiety or fears for the long-term. Often, gentle and consistent behavioural work and training are required to help them to respond more positively to stressful situations, which takes time. This process is likely to be more effective when your dog is more relaxed, and this is where Scullcap & Valerian Tablets can help.
When do I need to start giving the tablets?
Our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets should be given daily, ideally splitting the recommended daily amount in two, to give half in the morning and half in the evening. For best results, we advise that Scullcap & Valerian Tablets are used every day for a minimum of three weeks, ideally alongside gentle and consistent behavioural work and training. By reducing anxiety levels to more manageable levels, our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets increase the likelihood that your pet will be more responsive to this training.
For `one-off` stressful events, our Valerian Compound is a great short-term, quicker-acting option and can also be used alongside Scullcap & Valerian Tablets for a top-up, if needed.
Why should I use Dorwest calming products and do they really work?
Our constant focus on quality is one of the reasons Scullcap & Valerian Tablets have been used and trusted by pet owners and veterinary professionals worldwide for over 50 years. The other reasons can be found in all the positive feedback from our wonderful customers about how this best seller has helped their pet - something that we`re really proud of!